Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Why I Became a Blogger (Luke)



s̄wạs̄dī (Hello in Thai),



Sooner or later, I would tell you WHY I became a blogger, and the benefits and risks of being a blogger. Although my partner, Lawson, and I are struggling to keep up with our pageviews (Trying to get a 100 pageviews everyday) we actually are hanging on a cliff because of our problem of no Google Adsense.

Initially, we were planning to get Adsense to obtain ads, and then place them on the blog. But, Google closed our account and shut down Adsense, ruining hopes of us getting ANY money from this blog.

That's another story. Today, I'm going to teach you why I became a blogger.

WHY I BECAME A BLOGGER
L
IT all started when I was a young boy, maybe 8. I always told myself, "Luke, you're going to be famous." HAHA, no I'm just kidding. I always read books about great entrepreneurs, such as Steve Jobs or Bill Gates, you know, those big-time CEO's. You could say I was just a little Asian kid, always day-dreaming in class, but still getting good grades. 


I remember the day I first was inspired to be a CEO of a big company. It all started in 5th Grade, with the Toshiba/NSTA ExploraVision Science contest. Here, we had to create a model of something that would help the world, maybe new designs of underwater gear, a car with less fuel emissions, anything you could think of that would help our world.

I got together with a few Asian friends and we came up with the "Eco-bot" a robot you would place in highly populated cities with large amounts of air pollution. Well, I'll tell you this, it didn't work out so well. We didn't even get an honorable mention. Sigh. I had fun though, and I learned a lot about air pollution. At least I had fun... and learned something. JK, Toshiba was a very exciting experience for all my classmates and teachers because we got to see how we could become GREAT INVENTORS, and prepare for the future.




As I started growing older, I made a website. Yes, I made a website, a Google Site, that is. It was called "Exploding Sharpeners"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know what that line was for? Yes, I was blocking out any "Wow, that's a stupid name!" or "HAHA, Loser.." comments. Give me a break, I was only in like.. 5th grade. Anyways, I made "Exploding Sharpeners" with a passion. I posted awesome stuff on it and wanted it to become even more popular than Google. 

Luckily, I still kept the website, even though it kinda failed. 


If you want to check it out, here's the link;


Exploding Sharpeners

I know.. it was kind of a dumb name.

After the failure of Exploding Sharpeners, I created a Wix website. Wix is a free, awesome website that allows you to make your own website, however you want it. I deleted the Wix website too, well because.. it also failed.

Now you can see where I'm going. This is actually a post to see how Asians sometimes are not perfect.

Just kidding.

Anyways, a couple years after that, I started getting books and information on how to make an Android application. I can't make an iPhone/iPad/iTouch app because I don't have a Mac,  which you need in order to make an app.

On the other hand, I learned how to make simple applications, like a Hello World/Hello Android app. I'm still kind of learning how to make an awesome app. Maybe, I could even make one for Asian Occasion!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can see where I'm going.

Then, I joined a soccer team and met Lawson, another Asian, like me, who wanted to be a great CEO. We put our heads together and came up with the concept of making a humor website, kind of like break.com, but instead, making one that can relate to youth, especially Asian youth.

AND THAT IS HOW I BECAME A BLOGGER!

blogger logo
Love,

Luke 
Asian Occasion
Partner/Co-founder
cantorwong@gmail.com
425-351-5591




No comments:

Post a Comment